"Woe woe woe" while the last three trumpets sound

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on January 16, 2019 at 10:32:13:

Woe woe woe” while the last three trumpets sound

Two signs

I must once again stress the fact that two “signs” appeared in the skies, in the past three years. One on 27 August 2016, the spectacular Venus – Jupiter conjunction and the other 23 September 2017, the astrological alignment of the stars that seemed to reflect in Rev 12:1. Because I believe that it was made known to me that we are near the end time, I believe that either of these signs could be the sign spoken of in Matthew 24:30.

The time has come for straight talking. The signs I believe to be of significance because of all the happenings that have taken place since that time. We have seen fierce hurricanes and cyclones and extreme weather is experienced in many countries. There is tension between the nations and in world trade. Under the rule of law nations find no peace and crime escalates. The citizens of the nations are angry.

The time of the sounding of the trumpets

I am convinced that we are presently living in the time of the sounding of the fifth and sixth trumpets. The fierce hurricanes and cyclones in recent times blowing across the earth and seas are the fulfilment of Rev 7:1-2 and Rev 9:14-15. The wars in the vicinity of the Euphrates River since 2003 the process of the gathering of the nations to a final battle.

Rev 8:13 “woe woe woe”

The question that I wish to try and answer today is: Does Revelation 8:13 (KJV) substantiate my claim that we are in the time of the sounding of the fifth and sixth trumpets?
“And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels that are about to sound.”

Later in Rev 9:12 and 11:14 Revelation reveals that the woes are each proclaimed on the times of the sounding of the last three trumpets.

At the end of the sounding of the fifth trumpet:

Rev 9:12 “One woe is passed; and behold there come two woes more hereafter”.

Before the seventh angel sounds his trumpet (Rev 11:15) Revelation 11:14 says: The second woe is passed; and behold the third woe comes quickly.”

The power of the hold of Satan on the earth

The sounding of the fifth trumpet Rev 9:1-11, is full of symbolism that reveals the hold that Satan has on the nations. The “smoke” (Rev 9:2-3) symbolises how the influences of the beasts described in Revelation blur the vision, literally and figuratively of the inhabitants of the earth to the reality of the faith of God as revealed in Scripture. Rev 9:2 “And the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke”. The “sun” symbolic of the coming of the Christ and “air” symbolic of the sustaining of life.

The “locusts” are symbolic of the forces of evil at work in the actions of persons. These forces destroy but have no power on those who adhere to the faith and have the seal of the living God. (Rev 9:4) I have no doubt that the symbol of the “scorpions” (Rev 9:3) reveals the destruction to mankind caused by the use of drugs in the world at the present time.

The “crowns of gold” symbolise the emphasis persons place on wealth and the “faces of men” indicate the number of “man” (Rev 13:18). Through the word “men” (repetition of “man” in plural) the inhabitants of the earth are under the influence of the beast out of the earth.

Rev 9:11 indicates that the nations are ruled by Abaddon, the Destroyer.

The sounding of the sixth trumpet I believe reveals the war in Iraq in the Middle East in 2003 (indicated by “River Euphrates” (Rev 9:14)). After the war people remain unaware of the influence and “plagues” brought about by the presence of evil on them and that the prophecy of Revelation is being fulfilled.

Revelation 9:20-21 New International Version (NIV)
20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood—idols that cannot see or hear or walk. 21 Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

Chapter 10 in the time of the sounding of the sixth trumpet.

Revelation reveals in chapter 10 that the mighty angel is sent to curb the influence of the beast out of the sea and the beast out of the earth. In the end time God keeps watch and supports His people. Rev 10:2 “He set his right foot on the sea and his left foot on the earth”. The meaning of the book Revelation (“the little book” Rev 10:10) is revealed.

Chapter 11

In Chapter 11, Revelation relates in symbolic language the history of all those who went out to spread the message of Jesus and those who died in Christ, expressed in the words “two witnesses” (Rev 11:3). It is revealed how, I believe, “three and a half days” (Rev.11:9 and 11:11) are measured in each millennium since the coming of the Christ. That is the time or measurement of “the temple”
(Rev 11:1). (Refer to the full explanation of the measurement of “temple” elsewhere on this website)

The word “altar”

The measurement of “altar”: Rev 11:1 “Rise measure the temple of God and the altar”. The repetition of the word “altar”, that is also used Rev 6:9 indicates the time of the fifth seal and “short season” that is the time after approx. 2003 or 2004.
Revelation then proceeds to reveal that in the time of the “the great city” (Rev 11:8) the testimony of the two witnesses will be crushed (Rev 11:7 ”shall overcome them and kill them”). Spiritually the world will be as Sodom, (in the time of the short season, spiritually, the world will be like Sodom) and Egypt (spiritually God’s people need to be led out of the great city, that is the global village). There will be no respect for the message of the ‘two witnesses’ (Rev 11:9 “shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves”).

And then follows Rev 11:11-12

Revelation 11:11-12 New International Version (NIV)

11 But after the three and a half days the breath[a] of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and terror struck those who saw them. 12 Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” And they went up to heaven in a cloud, while their enemies looked on.

In Revelation this happens in the time of the sounding of the second trumpet. In 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 it is predicted it will happen at the time of “the trumpet call of God.”.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 New International Version (NIV)

16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

Revelation reveals that their enemies will witness the ascension.

There follows a great earthquake and destruction.

Woe woe woe

While all the above has been happening and shall happen, Revelation adds that it is the time of three woes. What do the “woes” indicate?

In the Bible the word “woe” is often used to express sadness and regret for misfortune or seemingly unsurmountable trouble. In Revelation it indicates: ‘alas’, ‘oh no’, ‘impending doom’ or ‘the wrath of God’.

Intensification

By repeating the word “woe” Revelation indicates intensification.
Therefore, the nations will experience a greater and increasing awareness of unsurmountable problems, distress and the wrath of God as time progresses.

Jesus used the word “woe” more than anyone in the Bible. Because the book Revelation is the Revelation of Jesus Christ one should take into account the use of the words in Matthew 23:13-36.

Matthew 23:13-36 New International Version (NIV)

Woes on the Teachers of the Law and the Pharisees
13 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to. [14] [a]
15 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.
16 “Woe to you, blind guides! You say, ‘If anyone swears by the temple, it means nothing; but anyone who swears by the gold of the temple is bound by that oath.’ 17 You blind fools! Which is greater: the gold, or the temple that makes the gold sacred? 18 You also say, ‘If anyone swears by the altar, it means nothing; but anyone who swears by the gift on the altar is bound by that oath.’ 19 You blind men! Which is greater: the gift, or the altar that makes the gift sacred? 20 Therefore, anyone who swears by the altar swears by it and by everything on it. 21 And anyone who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it. 22 And anyone who swears by heaven swears by God’s throne and by the one who sits on it.
23 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. 24 You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.
25 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. 26 Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.
Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. 28 In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.
29 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. 30 And you say, ‘If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ 31 So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Go ahead, then, and complete what your ancestors started!
33 “You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? 34 Therefore I am sending you prophets and sages and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. 35 And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Truly I tell you, all this will come on this generation.”
Circumstances in the end time

Because Scripture and the words of Christ enhance the meaning of words in Revelation, I believe that Revelation reveals that in the end time the prevailing circumstances, because the world is overcome by the power of the “beasts” the door is shut for many to enter the kingdom of heaven. Some leaders of the nations are full of greed, wickedness and hypocrisy. Prevailing circumstances cause the voice of the preachers and prophets to be silenced.
Circumstances that cause Christians
increasing woe.

However, Revelation, I believe, reveals how God has always known how it would be in the end time. Christians can take courage from the knowledge and meaning of Revelation, knowing that despite the restrictions and checks placed on the faith by the rule of law in the end time, God has always known who will adhere to the faith and rise to everlasting life.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]