An astonishing convergence of signs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on September 11, 2017 at 09:55:45:

We are witnessing an astonishing convergence of signs

A recent ‘blood moon’

In my previous post I overlooked the partial eclipse of the moon on 7 August 2017 that was seen as a large ‘blood moon’ in a number of countries.

Rev 6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
“the sea and the waves roaring” (Luke 21:25)

The great American total eclipse of the sun and Hurricane Harvey

We cannot ignore the fact that while the great American eclipse of the Sun on 21 August 2017 was happening the waters of the Atlantic Ocean were churning up the beginnings of Hurricane Harvey that would before the end of August 2017 hit the coast of Texas and result in one of the worst storms the USA has ever known.

Typhoon Hato

Typhoon Hato moved across southern China on Wednesday, 23 August 2017 battering Hong Kong skyscrapers, flooding streets and forcing thousands to flee to shelters. Hato triggered Hong Kong’s most severe typhoon 10 warning. This is the third time a storm of such power has hit that city in the past 20 years.

Luke 21:25-27King James Version (KJV)

Turbulent seas and the words of Jesus Christ concerning the signs of the end time

25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

North Korea

While the devastation of Harvey was being assessed, North Korea exploded what it said was a Hydrogen bomb and is preparing to launch more missiles with possibly explosive warheads.

Hurricane Irma

While the nations were debating the belligerence of North Korea Hurricane Irma started its destructive path through the Caribbean. According to scientists it is possible that the warm waters of the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico have contributed to the formation of the category 5 Hurricane Irma (largest recorded since records began) and the slow progress of Hurricane Harvey - the slow movement of Hurricane Harvey that caused it to churn up the Gulf waters and bring excessive rain to Texas and Louisiana.

Revelation

All these things that are happening at the same time are I believe remarkable in the understanding of Revelation. Some of the chapters of Revelation mostly start at a certain point in history and then continue to reveal certain aspects of the history of the nations. The chapters also reveal the aspects of the natural world and man’s part of that world.
Therefore what is happening at the present time is significant for all these happenings are revealed in certain verses of Revelation.

Blood moon, earthquake, climate change, total eclipse of the sun and mighty wind

Revelation 6:12-13King James Version (KJV)

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
I believe “untimely figs” indicate a change in climate that affects trees and plants. Climate change is also possibly heating the oceans and causing “mighty wind”.

At some point in the end time great wind will blow

Revelation 7:1-3King James Version (KJV)
7 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.
2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Great windstorms

Exceptional windstorms will blow (Rev 6:13 and Rev 7:1 and 9:14) in the end time.

In my books and on this website I have indicated that the beginning of the time of the great wind storms to be about the time 2000 to 2005 - the time of the Iraq war.

Revelation 9:14New International Version (NIV)
14 It said to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, “Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates.”

The nations will gather across the breadth of the earth

Revelation 20:7-9King James Version (KJV)
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Note the repetition of “four quarters of the earth” and “four corners of the earth”. I believe repetition in Revelation indicates happening at the same time. The time of great wind is also the time of the gathering to battle.

Distress of nations, with perplexity

Luke 21:25 “and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;”
At the time that the seas are roaring there will be a “upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity”.

Does this prediction fit the present global situation? It could. The nations are facing a crisis in the Far East. The possibility of a war in which nuclear weapons could be involved….certainly a distress of nations. History has shown in the twentieth century that a local conflict can with the alignment of nations soon expand to a world war. Is this why Revelation reveals the gathering across the breadth of the earth? Starting in the Far East and then moving West and East as the nations are aligned?!

Have we reached the point that mankind cannot avoid Armageddon and for this reason we are witnessing an astonishing convergence of “signs”?

We are not asleep

Yes the Return will be as a thief but we are told in Paul’s first letter to the Thessalonians that those that live in the light of Christianity will not be surprised.

1 Thessalonians 5:2-6New International Version (NIV)
2 for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.
4 But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5 You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. 6 So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober.

I believe it was made known to me that we are near the end time. There is at present an astonishing convergence of signs…but no one knows the day or the hour of the Return.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]