Re: The Word "Soon"

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on April 19, 2015 at 05:54:29:

In Reply to: The Word posted by John Matthews on April 14, 2015 at 06:08:34:

My “soon” and John’s “soon” are different.

When I experienced the vision in 1996 it revealed to me that we were then near the end time. How near I did not exactly know. Through what was revealed to me and through my analysis of the book Revelation relating to specific times in history, I discovered that the years 2003/2004 were significant. New readers will discover this through all that I have written on this website.

Today I believe we are in the “little season” for we are seeing signs of the end time. The vision that I experienced instructed me to make known that the times of the four riders of the Apocalypse are linked to four specific times in history and that we were therefore near the end time.

In 2015 we are even closer to the Return because I believe we are seeing the signs of the “short” (“little”) or final “season” - a time span given in Rev 6:11 and Rev 20:3 that I understand to be the time before the Return.

Therefore my “soon” is very soon, almost imminent, taking into account that we are seeing signs of the end time.

“Soon” in Rev 1:1-3
Revelation 1:1-3King James Version (KJV)
1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Revelation 1:1-3New International Version (NIV)
Prologue
1 The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

In the KJV the words “shortly” (verse 1) and “time is at hand” (verse 3) are used. In the NIV the words “soon” (verse 1) and “time is near” (verse 3) are used.

In verse 1 we are told that the book of Revelation comes directly from God. This information is extremely significant for immediately Revelation is placed within the total spectrum of the formation and evolvement of the universe. (I do not speak of “creation” for that is a term that was given to primitive man who had inadequate knowledge of the evolvement and the age of the universe and the earth and could not fathom what science has taught us in the last century.) Of course God is in control of this process.

A “day” can be a thousand years.

Most importantly Revelation has revealed that a “day” in Scripture can mean a very long time, not only a day as we know it.

The time of 2000 years is “short” in the eyes of God.
With my knowledge of Revelation and our present knowledge of the age of the earth in verse 1 the words “shortly” and “soon” signify that the time of two thousand years is “short” compared to the age of the earth (14 billion years) and the time that man has been on earth (c200,000 years).

I say this because the Bible tells us that God has always known all that would take place on earth, even since light was given to the darkness of the universe (Gen1:3).

What is more Revelation reveals quite plainly (Rev 17:8) that God has always known the names of those whose names are written in the book of life since the formation of the earth.

Revelation 17:8 New International Version (NIV)
8 “ The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and yet will come up out of the Abyss and go to its destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because it once was, now is not, and yet will come.”

In Rev 1:3 the words “time is at hand” (KJV) and “time is near” (NIV) indicate that the visions seen by John and what he wrote down as the book Revelation related and relates to what was to happen soon after the end of the first century AD.

Modern man can, without faith, no longer fathom the power of God. Modern man as intelligent as he is today wishes to quietly dismiss the vast knowledge of the unseen information given in the Bible! God is, and with the signs that we are witnessing God is making his presence once again known. The power of the beast is about to be crushed. Rev 17:17 “For God hath put it in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree. and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.”

Now the reader may well ask why has God put humanity through all of this. Primitive man who had limited knowledge, but given the faith; the coming of the Christ and the spread of the faith to the ends of the earth; man mastering knowledge of the earth and the universe, but then being almost totally misled by the forces of evil (forces that he no longer even wants to acknowledge as the result of his spiritual ignorance). To the point that God has in the twenty-first century to bring about destruction of all kinds to open the eyes of mankind! A massive experiment?

No I do not think it is only a massive experiment. It seems that it is the epitome of giving man through the ages and particularly in 2015 - an option to choose. In letting it come about that all the nations can attain political freedom an individual can now very much choose his destiny. For man or for God. You can choose to adhere to the Commandments or not and suffer the consequences. You can choose to fill your days with everything except trying to understand the workings of God and the forces of evil on the minds of men. You can choose to try and do good toward others or be a villain.

But ultimately with what we know from Scripture you are either going to be part of God’s great plan of the universe in the time to come or you are going to permanently perish in what is about to happen on earth. Do not ever say you were not given the choice. Even at the last minute you can enter the kingdom of heaven and be part of the next chapter of the history of heaven and earth.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]