A step back....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Curmudgeon on May 28, 2012 at 02:59:41:

Folks, perhaps we should take a step back here, difficult as this is when Elijah has used phrases like ‘your precious beast Christ’!
As best I understand the word that Elijah is bringing to us, it is the following:
• He confirms the immaculate conception of Jesus and his resurrection after being crucified.
• He confirms that Jesus is the most favoured man under GOD, but says he is not the only favoured man.
• He confirms that Jesus will return to judge all mankind, and will reign as King over the entire universe.
• He confirms that not all religions are equal.
• And, it seems, he confirms that Jesus saved, or ransomed, mankind in some unique sense.
He also seems to hold the following:
• That Muhammad was as favoured a prophet in God’s eyes as Noah, Abraham, Moses, and Elijah, and that he himself is a prophet in this same line.
• That the early Christian church took a wrong turn when it ‘invented’ the Trinity.
• That Jesus himself would rebuke us before GOD if we treat him as equal to GOD the Father.
• That what GOD wants more than anything of us is that we should obey the first two of the Ten Commandments, and when it comes to loving our neighbour as ourselves, ‘neighbour’ means EVERYBODY including our enemies.
To my mind the crucial question now is:
What are we, as ordinary Christians struggling daily with the complexities of life and with the complexities of the Bible, to make of this?
For myself, I think that the answer has to be that I should ask God to instruct me as to his will in this matter, and then I should wait a bit and see how this all plays out. Also, I should take any opportunity that I get to meet Elijah in person, so that I can assess him face to face.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]