Re: The task at hand.....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Richard Smit on March 22, 2012 at 16:41:45:

In Reply to: The task at hand..... posted by Curmudgeon on March 17, 2012 at 12:59:26:

A Christian is someone who has decided to entrust his or her life to Jesus Christ and trusts Christ only, for:

1. Forgiveness of sin,
2. A right standing before God, and for
3. Guidance in life.

Which seems to be what you are saying, referring to your request to God for “guidance” in life and in this particular instance for guidance in a specific matter.

I’m reasonably sure that you already know, that the majority of Christian’s, from many different denominations worldwide, for hundreds of years past, have and still presently do, believe in GOD the HOLY TRINITY, even though the modern day word “Holy Trinity” does not appear in the Old or New Testament.

I’d like to bring to your attention, which perhaps you already know, the following for your careful consideration:

The very first book of the Christian Bible, Genesis 1, speaks of:

Verse 1; The Father,

Verse 2; the Holy Spirit and

Verse 3; the Son (The Word)

There is no way, that a true Christian can be a Muslim, nor a true Muslim a Christian, under any circumstances or conditions, as Mr Jeremiah has indicated may be possible, in one of his earlier statements, under another post.

But you decide for yourself.

He has said - according to him, mankind’s task, in other words (our task), is to go and prove to the universe why mankind is closest to God.

This is more an Islamic belief.

How do I know?

I asked my weekend golfing buddies, Aziz and Smily, who are both practicing and devout Muslims.

Smily took my question in his stride and did not seem surprised with my question and told me, the way to do this, is to love your “brother” (neighbor), by helping him, if and when he really needs help.

They believe in one God, Who is not The Trinity, and believe that Jesus is a Prophet, but not the Son of God. They also believe that Mary is the mother of Jesus.

Below is one of the basic, but hugely distinguishing characteristic, of Christian belief:

The eternal triune God reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence, or being. (Southern Baptist Convention)

There is but one living and true God, everlasting, without body or parts, of infinite power, wisdom, and goodness; the maker and preserver of all things, both visible and invisible. And in unity of this Godhead there are three persons, of one substance, power, and eternity-the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. (United Methodist Church)

The mystery of the Most Holy Trinity is the central mystery of the Christian faith and of Christian life.
(Roman Catholicism)

The fundamental truth of the Orthodox Church is the faith revealed in the True God: the Holy Trinity of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. (Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America)

We teach that the one true God, is the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost, three distinct persons, but of one and the same divine essence, equal in power, equal in eternity, equal in majesty, because each person possesses the one divine essence.(Lutheran Church (Missouri Synod)

We trust in the one triune God. (Presbyterian Church (USA)

The book “How near Armageddon” covers some of the history of the above, starting on Page 49 – through to Page 54, dealing with the third Person - (Origen) - and the year 216 AD.

We true Christians have a duty to teach and explain our Faith to the world.

It’s a God given task, instructed by Christ himself, until His Return.

Mr. Jeremiah, says he is still learning and only 24 years of age, yet he is in actual fact, trying to teach and preach his beliefs (“proving to the Universe”), to the readers of this website.

When the “Great Earthquake” occurred the day after “Christmas” on Sunday 26th December 2004, Mr Jeremiah was only 16 years old.

Do you think he knew then, or even today, that the “GREAT EARTHQUAKE”, is the time of the sounding of the Seventh Trumpet - Revel 11:13 through Rev 11:15.

See this on Page 191 and Page 192 of the book “How Near Armageddon” published by Dr Janson.

And carefully note the word “Christmas” on Page 192 -written in 1999.

Are you really going to listen to, or learn anything, from him?

What we should perhaps rather consider, are the words of Dr Janson on Page 403, in Reflections of her Book, HOW NEAR ARMAGEDDON? :

“If there is a warning to us today, it is possibly that Christians, of all nations, should remain one in Christ”.

(Like the Churches mentioned above!)

And on Page 19:

“Christians must be extremely wary of manmade philosophies and theosophies.

Christians must be wary of amalgamations of religions.

The reason why Revelation accentuates Christ’s oneness with the Christian Church is to indicate that Christianity is the Absolute Truth and therefore the sure way to Salvation.”

I sincerely hope, that the above will be of some assistance to you & will add some value to your investigations.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]