Matthew 24:22 And except that those days should be shortened..

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Elana Janson on March 14, 2011 at 16:13:56:

Matthew 24:22 And except those days should be shortened…

The massive earthquake that struck northeast Japan Friday (March 11) has shortened the length of Earth's day by a fraction and shifted how the planet's mass is distributed.
A new analysis of the 8.9-magnitude earthquake in Japan has found that the intense temblor has accelerated Earth's spin, shortening the length of the 24-hour day by 1.8 microseconds, according to geophysicist Richard Gross at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif.

As I mentioned in a previous post the Sumatra-Andaman earthquake in 2004 shorted the length of the day by a fraction. So did the earthquake in Chile in 2010. By speeding up Earth's rotation, the magnitude 8.8 earthquake in Chile should have shortened an Earth day by 1.26 millionths of a second.

To me this is of vital importance to us in relation to the words of Jesus Christ concerning the end time.

In Matthew 24 Jesus Christ speaks of the signs of the end time. In verse 22 it is said that if the length of a day had not been shortened in the end time no “flesh” would have been saved. “And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect’s sake those days shall be shortened.”

With our knowledge through science that the length of a day has actually been shortened THREE TIMES since 2004 I am inclined to believe that it relates to an awareness of mankind to the fact that we are living the end time prophesied in Scripture. Because of this awareness some will return to faith in Jesus Christ and also be saved for eternal life.

With the Japan great earthquake occurring within such a short space of time since Sumatra and Chile confirms to me that we are living the time of the shortening of days. That is the 'short season' that we can only know through the signs of the end - which we cannot measure and is only known to God.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]