Re: Mea Culpa

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]

Posted by Richard Smit on June 25, 2010 at 09:12:01:

In Reply to: Mea Culpa posted by Ben Curran on June 08, 2010 at 09:46:43:

I’d like to focus in, and give my viewpoint, on only one aspect, you mention in your recent post, and that is “Special Experiences with God”.

It’s quite possible, that those who have gone through some sort of close or special experience with God, such as yourself, think and behave differently from other Christians, who have not had a similar experience.

I believe that every Christian, at some time, or point during their life, will have a similar experience. As a matter of fact, every time (perhaps every day) we open the Bible we can experience God in a “very special” way.

Please allow me to share something, with you and the other readers of this website, to substantiate the above and perhaps give a broader perspective, which may be of some beneficial use, to all.

It’s not only you, or me, or a select few, who has experienced a “special closeness” to God.

Job, for instance, also had a “VERY CLOSE” experience with God.

Through a series of many questions, God REVEALED to Job, many of the WONDERS of the vast UNIVERSE, some of which have only RECENTLY been DISCOVERED by science (man).

God’s SUPREME AUTHORITY, compared to how little man knows, was acknowledged by Job when he said: (Job 42 : 2-3 and 5 - 6)

“I know that You can do everything, and that no thought, can be withheld from You ---

“I uttered, that I understand not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.”

“I have heard of You, by the hearing of the ear: but now my eye, sees You.”

If we had just read, studied, and believed, what is written in the book of Job, just 20 to 30 years ago, we would have known things, that some of the greatest of scientific minds in the world today, have ONLY discovered in recent years.

We should “SEE” our limited knowledge and limited faith, and rather “TRUST” the wisdom and love of God, FOR US.

“Experiencing” glorious revelations of the incomparable greatness of God and His ways, just as Job did, is in the reach, of every Christian, EVERY DAY.

Early in the morning, each day, I receive a“requested email” via the internet called “Bible Pathways”. Some of the above, is from these emails.

Wishing you, only the very best, at all times.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ How Near Armageddon Forum ]